Thursday, January 3, 2013

Makeup, Money, and Ronald McDonald

I auditioned for a choir a while back, but I had a conflicting schedule so I couldn't be in it last semester. Even so, the choir director told me I don't have to audition for this semester and I was already on the roster. So, a few months pass, and it turns out I really wasn't and I'm not in the choir next semester even though he told me (and everyone in his current choir) that I was going to be. Yeesh.

Except now I hear a girl dropped out and I might be able to take her spot, so cross your fingers.

In other news, I'm getting a "promotion" at work! I put parentheses because it's not technically a promotion. One of my full-time coworkers ended up quitting so they're putting me in her position! I worked it today and time goes by so much faster, I think I'm going to like it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, today I'm gonna share something that most girls know about but not every guy does. This one's for you, gentlemen.

Over Halloween, I helped a friend with his bald cap for his costume (he was Aang) and he had to go buy some colored base to blend the cap into his skin. While I'm working on him, he tells me how he couldn't believe how expensive the base was and that he doesn't know how girls can buy all their makeup. Let me just put this out there; the stuff he bought was the cheap crap.

I don't think any of you guys realize how much money women spend on making themselves look pretty for you. Being a girl is expensive. I just spent $30 today replacing just a few of the makeup things I was running out of. That's just a little bit of makeup. And not to mention all the other products girls need. Shampoos, conditioners, feminine products, brushes, irons, lotions... I can go on. And that's only the basic stuff. Then I can get into other things like mousse, bronzer, facial scrubs...then we can go into jewelry...

...I know what you guys are thinking, "If you don't want to spend so much money on all that unnecessary crap, then don't. You girls look pretty without it."

You guys don't get it. And you never will so I won't try to explain. But this comic is more true than you will ever understand:


Here's the thing: makeup and hair/skin/facial products are about presentation. Did you know that the LDS church actually promotes the use of [natural looking] makeup? It's because it lets women give a more presentable appearance, just like a guy wearing a tie and socks with his shoes.

But, as always, there are the two extremes. There can be the girl who will never touch makeup because she either doesn't know how to use it, doesn't need it, or doesn't like it, and in most cases, that's okay. Just don't get into the mindset that you should never, ever, ever wear makeup because it is a thing encouraged for a more presentable appearance.

Then, on the other end of the spectrum, there are the Nicki Minaj's:

"Which way to the circus tent?"

So guys, here's the basic gist of what I'm trying to say: be thankful us women spend so much to look pretty just for you. Time, money, and effort. I know, sometimes the effort can go too far, and that's not okay. But seriously, unless we look like Ronald McDonald, let us know we look pretty (really, only if we actually do. Don't encourage bad makeup habits). You let us know we're pretty and putting forth a good effort, seriously, it will make a girl's entire day. She'll walk around like a goddess.

And most of all, just appreciate how much FRIGGIN' MONEY WE SPEND FOR YOU.


Okay, one last thing. I made a quiz to see whether you can tell if a girl's wearing makeup or not. Take it. If you pass, congrats. If you fail, you have to ask a poor girl out on a date and tell her how pretty she did her makeup.

Tell me which girls are wearing makeup and which girls aren't:

     <-- lol, jk


ANSWERS (don't look before answering for all 8):

1. Yes 2. Yes 3. Yes 4... actually they're all yes. Surprise! Even #2 and #4.

I promise you, 90% of the time if a girl tells you she's not wearing any makeup, she's wearing makeup.

Now go ask one out!




With lots o' love,

Nicki (not Minaj) Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment