This post is short but deep. Just a thought that occurred to me recently...
Sometimes after trying to change yourself for so long you realize you had it right years ago.
Deep much? But seriously, learning from the past is more than growing from mistakes. It's the only place where the real you lives, and sometimes you can take pointers from that person that you have long since forgotten and left behind.
I miss a lot of things from the past, but one of the biggest things I miss are the parts of me I left behind that are better off than I am now. I only want to retrace my steps and pick those things up again.
What a fool I was to think I had to change, to think I was so unsatisfied with someone so great.
So thanks, Past Nicole, for being a shaping example for me. What a run.
No comments:
Post a Comment