Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Awkward Situations

I thought it would be funny to put these together.

       Good afternoon! I hope you're having a good day.

       I'm actually feeling pretty sick, so today's post will have to be short and sweet (also meaning I won't be adding any hand-drawns, sorry).

       So, down to business. You know that quote from spider-man? Well, here's my version: "Don't be afraid of awkwardness. Some are born awkward, some achieve awkwardness, and some have awkwardness thrust upon them." Truth.

       I was at a coworker's farewell this last Sunday, and guess what? I was the only other coworker there. Meaning I didn't know anybody except him. So I'm standing in this house I've never been in surrounded by people I've never met and they're all staring at me, and I'm all like:

Kill me.

       The awkwardness was thrust upon me, there was no avoiding it, and that's not all: I find later that there actually was someone else I knew; my ex-boyfriend's mom of all people. She said hello, and she's a very sweet lady and I like her a lot, but boy, that was it's own sense of awkward completely. Just for me, though, because I'm sure she was excited to see me. Yikes. As much as I wanted to show my support to the missionary, I couldn't wait to get home.

       I'm pretty sure all of you have exciting "born with awkwardness, achieve awkwardness, awkwardness thrust upon them" stories. So how about you guys finish this post by telling your own awkward stories in the comments while I go nap? Sounds good to me.

       Have a lovely rest of the day.

       ~Nicole

4 comments:

  1. If nothing is left here but an awkward silence, what category would that then fall into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I've been awkward my entire life. But my most awkward situations is where I say something that no one was expecting and then they have a hard time responding . . . which happens quite often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone's been awkward their entire lives. That, or it's you and me haha.

      Delete